There has been a lot of interest regarding how nanomaterials are covered under the REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & restriction of Chemicals) Regulations and just recently the Belgian presidency of the EU has called for specific nanomaterials register under REACH.
There are many companies in the supply chain that are not sure of their position and how the new regulations will impact their business. To address this issue the Nanotechnology Industries Association is running a workshop to help these companies assess their regulatory rights and obligations under the REACH framework and anticipate ho these rights and obligations are likely to evolve in the coming months and years. It is designed for professionals in charge of product regulatory, product safety and product stewardship.
If you need answers to the following questions then you should attend:
• How are nanomaterials regulated in the absence of nano-specific provisions under REACH?
• What is the state of play on the EU nano-definition & what can we expect from the ‘REACH Implementation Plans on Nanomaterials’?
• How can companies fulfil current compliance and prepare for future regulation?
When: Wednesday, 3rd November 2010 (9:00 – 16:30)
Where: Mayer Brown Offices at 201 Bishopsgate ⋅ London ⋅ EC2M 3AF ⋅ UK
More details can be found at: http://bit.ly/bTTCsy
To register for the event, send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject ‘WORKSHOP ‘REACHing Nanomaterials’’).
• Registered NIA Members attend the Workshop for FREE.
• Non-Members pay EURO 100.00.
NanoPRO would like to learn about your involvement with REACH and nanomaterials – is REACH working for you? Do you need assistance? Are you a downstream user with unanswered questions? Let us know your comments.
Send your comments to email@example.com.